A note about COVID-19: At ENGworks, the health and well-being of our employees, clients, families and communities is our top priority. Thankfully, the entire ENG team is in good health and committed to maintaining “business-as-usual”. We’ve transitioned our entire team to work from home with the right tools to be fully operational and still give you the best experience. Be safe and anything you may need, please let us know.
Technology has recently made the exchange of information between different locations much simpler. Coordination Meetings represent an essential process that allows teams to resolve clashes before they are identified in the
Today’s building owners are driving the demand for the use of intelligent BIMs for their properties. Financially, they have the most to gain. There are significant benefits, whether the property is new, renovated, or simply modeling an existing structure.
Such benefits include:
• Facilitation of value engineering scenarios with ease. This allows selecting the best combination of up-front costs and future economies.
• Improved communication throughout the construction process.
• Fewer design changes and costly conflicts as construction progresses.
• More efficient scheduling, which in turn results in shorter construction durations.
• Less waste and fewer delays.
• Accurate and intelligent Record documents (As-Built drawings) for FM throughout a building’s lifecycle. This provides cost-saving benefits for building maintenance as well as future expansion and/or renovation.
What ENGworks has done is create a handshake between the needs of an owner and a BIM. This cohesive information can be used and displayed in a variety of different methods, from a simple spreadsheet to a fully integrated relational database containing efficient graphic representation of the structure(s).
Even if the building was not designed as a BIM, ENGworks can convert the completed 2D Construction documents into an intelligent BIM using Autodesk Revit® and/or other appropriate software.
Contact Us for more information about FM Integration.
What is BIM? What are some of the uses of BIM? And the benefits? Here we respond to these and more questions…